WordPress is one of the world’s most popular content management system (CMS). So it’s no wonder that your WordPress website is always prone from hackers. By stealing confidential information and harming your brand, hackers and other malware infections may ruin your webstore. You surely have worked hard on your WordPress website so it ‘s important to make sure it is safe and secure by using any security plugins for WordPress.
There are already some security measures placed inside WordPress, but it is nothing compared to what a powerful security plugin can do for you. You can secure your website from attacks from brute force, spammers, malware, and hackers. Today, we’ll be showing you the best WordPress security plugins to block those kinds of attacks.
Wordfence Protection — Firewall & Malware Scan is one of the most popular security plugins available on WordPress, with more than three million active installs. This fights spam, viruses, and other threats in real-time. Wordfence Security offers an extremely user-friendly interface as opposed to other plugins. You don’t have to be a tech expert, have an IT experience or use this tool to learn and exercise cybersecurity.
The Free Version of Wordfence Security already provides many features to keep your website safe. It definitely contains more out of the box features than other free security plugins. You can get blocks from the firewall and defense from the brute force attacks, and many others.
- Wordfence provides a Firewall for Web Application (WAF) that detects and prevents malicious traffic.
- The Wordfence scanner searches for malware, bad URLs, backdoors, SEO spam, malicious redirects and code injections on core files, themes, and plugins.
- The Threat Protection Feed brings the newest firewall guidelines, malware signatures and malicious IP addresses to the Wordfence plugin that it requires to keep your website secure.
- Wordfence Central is a strong and secure way of handling security in one location for several sites, and many others.
Sucuri Inc is also one of the world’s top safety website service. It is known as a security platform that provides security tools and services to your website.
Sucuri provides a strong WordPress plugin that you can install to defend against malware and hacks on your website. This creates several layers to protect your website from threats to the security. Sucuri has a cloud proxy firewall that circumvents all of the traffic before it is sent to the hosting site. It also blocks any attempt of malware attack or hacker to jeopardize your website and to make sure that you are only getting real visitors.
This also makes your website fast and increases efficiency better. Sucuri is an outstanding addition to your list of WordPress plugins that you must have.
- Security technologies on cloud-based websites to encrypt all your pages for complete peace of mind.
- Defend your Website with their WAF Security from hacks and DDoS attacks.
- Identify compromise markers and multiple warning choices.
- Unlimited removal of malware, and premium SLAs response.
- Flash-fast page load with our highly optimized CDN, and a lot more.
Jetpack by WordPress.com is a plugin created by Automattic to improve, manage, and secure website. With more than 6 million active installs, Jetpack is without question one of the most common plugins on the market in WordPress related to web security. So, with so many fantastic features, it’s easy to see why so many web site owners are using it.
Jetpack’s best feature is the ability to use the fast and stable hosting network of WordPress, and by transferring the heavy work to their powerful servers. Jetpack will greatly increase the efficiency of your website by reducing the amount of repetitive tasks that your site performs.
- Developers made this plugin perfect for security, efficiency, and marketing tools.
- Real-time backups will save any update, while instant warnings to downtime and one-click restore quickly get you back online.
- Malware testing and fixes with a single click keep your site ahead of security threats.
- Boost your site level, and take charge of your SEO with the site accelerator from Jetpack, and many others.
iThemes Security Pro is iThemes’ amazing WordPress Security plugin. YYou might think that WordPress website is already secured but with the help of Security Pro, it adds loads of security layers to your WordPress site. The MainWP iThemes Security Extension uses both the power of your MainWP Dashboard with the popular iThemes Security Plugin. The iThemes Security Extension lets you access iThemes Security settings directly from your MainWP Dashboard for all of your child pages.
- WordPress Two-Factor Authentication
- The iThemes Security Dashboard brings your security logs to life by storing and showing related entries in a way that is important to you.
- Check out an instant WordPress Security Grade Report on your WordPress website security.
- Use iThemes Security Pro’s WordPress User Security Check to determine the protection of all your WordPress user accounts at once, and take action if necessary.
- Schedule backups of files and get them sent to you via email. You can also get our WordPress backup plugin to improve your web backing system, and many others.
SecuPress is an easily accessible and powerful plugin designed particularly to protect your WordPress. This trusted security plugin provides trustworthy functionality to protect your WordPress site from web issues and malwares. With the current security threats all around the internet, this security plugin keeps its features updated with the best effective solution. If your website running on WordPress is very bad, you need to use this powerful plugin to secure it.
- Backup for DB and Files
- Force correct login and password
- Alerts and Notifications
- Two Factor Authentication, and many others.
The All In One WordPress Security and Firewall is the ultimate security plugin which takes the protection of your WordPress site to greater lengths. This security plugin as simple to use features, provides the latest suggested WordPress security practices and strategies. It’s built and written by user-considered experts. To add good firewall rules to your site you no longer need to know complex htaccess rules.
All In One WP Safety and Firewall also uses an innovative rating system of safety points to determine how well you secure your site based on the security features you have enabled.
- Protect against “Brute Force Login Attack” with the Login Lockdown feature.
- Force logout of all users after a configurable time period
- Ability to apply Google reCaptcha or basic maths captcha to the user registration page of WordPress to shield you from registration of spam users.
- Schedule regular backups and email alerts, or make instant DB backups with one click whenever you want.
- Easily access and track all host system logs from a single menu page and keep informed of any problems or issues that arise on your server so you can easily fix them, and many others.
BulletProof Security Pro Website Security Suite is the full website security program for protection against hackers and spammers. It protects your website data and files with several layers of website security defense spanning external and internal. The extensive and detailed automated protection systems and functionality in BulletProof Protection Pro track and defend all points of attack.
- AutoRestore|Quarantine Intrusion Detection & Prevention System (ARQ IDPS)
- Real-time File Monitor (IDPS)
- Plugin Firewall (IP Firewall)
- JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacke
- Uploads Anti-Exploit Guard (UAEG), and many others.
Shield Security is a professional, WordPress protection solution. This is one of the world’s most advanced and user friendly WordPress security plugin, currently covering 100,000+ WordPress sites. Shield is the must-have, free WordPress Security Solution for you! Setting up is very simple, but powerful security blocks attacks, and suspicious activity.
When your website is open to attack, you are putting considerable risk to your company and your reputation. When you get hacked it means you’re locked off from your site, costumer data has been stolen, your website has been defaced or offline, and Google will punish you. Shield removes this risk and guarantees you have the most effective protection program in WordPress that works for you and protects your content.
- The Exclusive Vulnerability Scanner is doing all the hard work so you can get on with your own job.
- Going Pro carries alongside your squad the Shield Team’s experience to help you always set up and use this plugin.
- During any time of the day or night, the exclusive plugin/themes scanner will detect all changes to your files.
- Shield Pro can increase the frequency of scanning your files as frequently as every hour, with almost real-time scanning in the future.
- With Shield Pro, you can import options in just a few seconds from any other platform, and many more.
Security Ninja officially started way back in 2011 on CodeCanyon. This is an incredibly useful plugin that helps find any gaps or vulnerabilities on your website. It is particularly important for monitoring any security problems-in reality a powerful device. Within less than a minute, it runs a security audit, and highlights any vulnerabilities that hackers could target. It runs tons of security tests against the current configuration of your site and tells you what you are doing good, and what to improve.
- Firewall – Block dangerous and unwanted traffic
- Vulnerability and Malware Scanner
- Monitor, track, and log more than 50+ events on the site in great detail.
- Scheduled scans to alert the website if anything changes.
- Repeated attempts to sign in with incorrect passwords or unknown usernames are blocked. Customize the notifications and settings, and much more.
The Google Authenticator for WordPress gives you two-factor authentication through the major devices Google Authenticator app. The requirement of two-factor authentication can be allowed per device. You can allow it for your administrator account, but login with less privileged accounts as usual. If you need to manage your blog using an Android / iPhone app, or some other device that uses the XMLRPC interface, this plugin will allow the App password feature.
Conclusion: Wordfence is still the best Security Plugin for WordPress
We can’t deny Wordfence still has the top spot on the WordPress website for the best security plugin to use. Even the free version offers plenty of features to keep the WordPress pages safe and off spam lists. The plugin will do its best to keep hackers and other unwanted persons, ranging from a thorough security audit over a full-featured firewall to countless other choices.
Security is very important and deserves a lot of attention and management especially when using WordPress. You need to undergo an ongoing process to constantly review your web security and to find the perfect plugin to help you with it.
From a user’s point of view, you will know where site risks start and have plenty of choices to make the plugin work as needed. This does not, of course, deny this web security is a complicated factor. Even if you just install the plugin alone, WordPress users will have to do some work to get the most out of the security plugin that you’re going to use.