Freelance Services Marketplace like Upwork, offering a convenient, reliable, and easy way to access global freelance talent, has become very popular among digital businesses. It is like a meeting ground where qualified and skilled freelancers from anywhere in the world can find work and get paid. It is also an online platform where businesses can find and hire individual contractors to do some work remotely. They act as an intermediary providing a safe and convenient way to contract remote experts for one-time projects.
Today, WordPress has become a powerful Content Management System (CMS) that can cater to any type of business you intend to build. Do the research and you’ll be amazed at WordPress’ popularity among different types of websites and online businesses currently using it as their platform. There are also various plugins that offer endless possibilities to enlarge their applications for website creation. It never ceases to amaze entrepreneurs and business owners, hence, creating a freelancer marketplace platform is totally a thing you can do in WordPress.
The Freelancer Marketplace Plugin for WordPress
The Freelancer Marketplace Plugin will be your starting point in creating your dream freelancer marketplace using the ultimate freelancer marketplace solution. This will help you build a Freelancer Marketplace using WordPress and by benefiting from Easy Digital Downloads ecosystem.
This plugin was specially developed to help niche websites who operate digital product stores to build a freelancer marketplace. It has all the features you can expect when you want to build a similar website such as Freelancer.com or Upwork.com and we paid a lot of attention to the backend structure of this plugin to make it better scale than other plugin solution. It also offers a comprehensive collection of settings and configurations to give you much control over your own freelancer marketplace.
Best Plugin Features
The following are the features that we like the most about this plugin.
(1) Easy Onboarding Process
A quick and easy onboarding process for users is one of the best features of this plugin. This gives both Customer and Freelancer a smooth and hassle-free onboarding process on your Freelance Marketplace platform. Below are a couple of ways to onboard on your platform using this plugin.
- Hire Freelancers on the Freelancer List – This plugin has a Freelancers List that shows a complete list of all registered and approved Freelancers. Here, the customer can just look for his/her prospective freelancer that can fit for the project. After that, you can simply click on Hire Me Button to proceed with hiring and creating an inclusive project for the chosen Freelancer.
- Hire Me button when visiting a Freelancer profile – Another way to quickly Hire a Freelancer is right through their Freelancer Profile. This page contains necessary details such as the Freelancer’s Skills, Reviews, Ratings, Social Accounts, and others. The customers have the option to simply hire this Freelancer right on his/her profile, and not to go back to the Freelancer List anymore.
- Invite button to specifically choose a Freelancer to work on your project – Lastly, the customer has the capacity to invite a specific Freelancer who he/she thinks would be appropriate and fit for the project. How can we do that? After a project has been made and posted, the customer can do this by clicking on the Invite button right on the project page. A popup box showing all available Freelancers will be displayed and the customer can just click the Hire Me button to the corresponding chosen Freelancer.
(2) Excellent Bidding Process
It is a must-have for a Freelancer Marketplace to have an excellent bidding flow and process. It then must contain all necessary and clear information about the Freelancer’s Bid, such as the Bid’s Description, Bid Amount and Project Duration, so the customers can quickly glance through these bids and see which would best fit his/her interest and budget.
(3) Create and Manage Project Milestones
Your platform must allow and give users the option to create project Milestones – also an important feature that you must incorporate on your Freelancer Marketplace. A project milestone shows an important achievement in a project. It represents a clear sequence of events that incrementally build up until your project is complete.
Both the customers and freelancers must have the capacity to request a Project Milestone along with the Milestone Budget. This is a great feature that gives a clear project path for both parties during the project execution.
(4) Complete email workflows
With this plugin, site administrators have the capacity to customize tons of automated emails to be sent to every party, including the admins, every time a certain action or process is made. The site admins can totally edit and customize the content of these emails, although it was already filled with default email templates to help you out. Also, there are lots of email tags you can use to modify these email templates.
(5) Dispute Management
During project execution, either party can submit disputes or claims against each other, for reasons of unresponsiveness, not enough information or other reasons which you can define in the settings.
(6) Comprehensive plugin customization and settings
One best thing this Freelancer Marketplace Plugin has for its users is it gives the site administrators a lot of customization features and settings to completely configure your freelancer marketplace, especially on the backend. You are not limited with few and simple settings, instead, it will give you configurations that have never been used on other freelancer plugins out there. This creates a very powerful and unique Freelancer Marketplace that truly has an edge among its competitors.
Below are some excellent plugin settings and configurations you can do with this plugin.
- Customize Customer and Freelancer Registration – you can create and customize either the customer or freelancer registration forms by changing a lot of options available and also by adding different fields you want.
- Submit projects either as a customer or freelancer – project submission consists of the Project Title, Project Description, any files you wanted to attach in the project, Project Budget, Estimated Project Duration, and the Skills required. This can be done both by the Customer and the Freelancer.
- Rating the parties involved upon project completion – once the project has been marked as completed, both the customer and the freelancer can rate each other depending on their performance as a party involved in the project.
(7) Clean and Excellent Backend Pages
A good advantage of this plugin is it has very clean, complete and precise backend pages. Right on the WordPress Dashboard, site admins can see the complete details of all the important functions of your Freelancer Marketplace Platform. You can easily find your way around and it offers you excellent features and options to properly manage the backend of this plugin.
(8) Better Monetize your website
Since this plugin is fully integrated with Easy Digital Downloads – an eCommerce Digital Downloads Plugin for WordPress, a great feature is that it doesn’t only allow you to build a platform for customers and freelancers, but you can also sell digital products at the same time by using all the other functionalities of EDD.
This allows creating two income streams, selling freelancer services and digital products. Now you can better monetize your digital product marketplace and earn more revenue by selling digital products and offering freelancing services at the same time.
Conclusion: An Ultimate Freelancer Marketplace Platform Plugin Solution
We have concluded that the Freelancer Marketplace Plugin is an ultimate solution if you wanted to perfectly transform your WordPress Website into a total Freelancer Marketplace Platform.
With all these excellent features this plugin can offer, you can expect to build and manage an effective and robust Freelancer Marketplace Platform that can surely pull off amongst all your other competitors, not only by the help of this fantastic plugin solution but also of your skills and expertise in running and managing this kind of platform.